When you invest in something beautiful, you want to keep it looking just as beautiful as the day you made the investment. Therefore pictures are put in frames, you wash and wax your new car, and clean your golf clubs after every round. The same concept applies to your new paver driveway, patio or walkway. You’ve invested the time and money to select the perfect shape, pick out the right pavers and make the right color section colors to coincide with your home. Pavers can last a lifetime if taken care of properly, but if neglected, stains or fading can reduce the visual beauty of your investment over time.
Besides keeping pavers looking clean and extending their beauty for many years, here are a few more key reasons why you should seal your pavers:
– Perhaps the most obvious but especially beneficial reason to sealers is to prevent the surface erosion that takes place over the years from UV rays, rain, dirt and grime build up, and the elements. All installations whether it be pre-cast products like pavers or poured-in-place like sidewalks, will erode over time. Larger aggregates and stones used in making the paver become visible causing the paver to lose its color and becomes much rougher than it was when it was smooth and new. Once this happens, it cannot be undone. Sealing your pavers professionally every 3-5 years with a film-forming sealer will prevent this from occurring.
– All the sealers we use have the Joint Stabilizing Technology. An added benefit of hardening the sand joints in between the pavers, which prevents displacement from wind, rain, and insects that can cause pavers to sink or shift. Joint stabilizing sealers also help reduce weed growth between paver joints.
– Any easy way to think of paver sealer is to think of it as a type of protective coating – essentially an extra layer of protection. Therefore, sealer protects the paver from staining caused by oil, grease, liquids, and food. The sealer will not allow the stain to penetrate down through the paver, making any cleaning simple and easy.
3 types of sealers most commonly used:
• Natural Look- this is a penetrating sealer with a matte finish. We call it our “invisible” protector. It’s very effective at protecting pavers, concrete, natural stone and garden or retaining walls.
• Enhanced Look- this sealer leaves a durable coating on the surface with a semi-gloss or satin finish that will prolong the “like new” look of your hardscape.
• Wet Look- this is our most vivid sealer. It provides a gloss or satin finish that is like what pavers look like when they are wet. It will darken the pavers and show their full depth of color.
We appreciate your business, and as always, we look forward to serving you in the future. Utilizing the above steps will increase the effectiveness of your sealed pavers and ensure long term success. Please contact us for more information.